Prep Time: 10 min ⠀⠀⠀⠀ Cooking Time: 20 min ⠀⠀⠀⠀Servings: appox. 4 cups
2 – 15 oz. cans of organic garbanzo Beans (save some of the juice to add to the mix)
2 Medium-sized Eggplants
5 – 8 cloves of garlic
2 Tbps Tahini
3 Tbps Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 tsp cumin
½ tsp cayenne
1 tsp kosher salt
Juice of 2-3 lemons (to taste)
· Cut the eggplants into small slices (about 1 inch thick & 2 inches long).
· Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Roast the 5 cloves of garlic and Eggplant for 30 - 40 minutes.
· Add all the ingredients into the blender (I prefer a Blendtec), except a 1/2 cup of the roasted eggplant.
· Blend for 30 seconds or until smooth. (Add some of the garbanzo bean stock if your mix is too thick).
· Taste the hummus; Add more salt and/or lemon juice to desired taste.
· Top with left over roasted eggplant, a drizzle of Extra Virgin Olive Oil, and smoked paprika (to taste).